Lunch & Nutrition
At Rutherford School we offer a lunch program as a service to parents who enroll their children in the program and lunch supervisors are provided to support students over the lunch time. The supervisors help students with heating food, encourage students to be calm and relaxed while eating and supervise them outside on the playground.
- Follow the direction of the lunchroom supervisor(s) in a respectful manner
- Eat only the lunch your parents send for you. Take home or compost unused food
- Use good table manners and be courteous to others
- Use appropriate receptacles for garbage, composting and recycling
- a community fruit bowl, generously supported by Bryan & Alison's No Frills is available to students to help provide equitable access to healthy food choices.