With a history dating back to 1909, Rutherford School opened in 1911 and has a proud history of serving the Bonnie Doon community. The school is situated in a picturesque park-like location, with ample green space for learning and play.
Rutherford also boasts:
- Fine arts facilities including art and music rooms and student work galleries throughout the school.
- Wi-Fi throughout the school
- Video Conferencing suite to connect Rutherford to the world
- Updated high speed computers in every class, tablets and three mobile Chromebook labs. In all Rutherford has over 120 student devices
- Classrooms equipped with internet, TV, presentation and FM systems and SMART boards
- Bright, spacious, well equipped science lab for hands-on learning
- Excellent physical education facilities
A successful school learning environment is one that is nurturing, positive and supportive. As a school, we believe that teaching and learning best happens in an environment that is safe, challenging and caring. All members of our learning community help to create such an environment and help to build a climate of mutual trust and respect conducive to effective learning, personal development and social living.